GOCARE provides a ray of hope through education and mentoring to help break the hold that the oppression of poverty has on the people of Nicaragua. The program was created to empower people through education and provide opportunities to live better lives.
- a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
- headquartered in Ventura CA
- founded in 2001
- a cutting-edge education model recognized by the Nicaragua Ministry of Education
- over 1,100 students have graduated from its programs
- has a core philosophy of come back to give back which encourages graduates to become community leaders and mentor students of their own